Friday, June 5, 2009

Facebook

I have been talking to many people about Facebook. It appears to have a huge following, but I don't understand this. Why would you want soooooo many people to know all the information about you? It seems like an extension of High School to me. "I have more friends than you" type thing. Maybe I am misunderstanding it, but I just don't GET IT. I went onto Facebook to look a couple of months ago and found out you can't just visit as a guest, they have to know who you are, email address and all. I found that disturbing, like you have to commit to something without even knowing how it works. So, needless to say, I did not get to navigate the site because I refuse to share my identity without knowing how they will use it. Maybe I'm too private, but I don't think so since this blog is out there for everyone to see. Maybe I'm just afraid I won't have any "friends".......yeah, that's probably it.

No comments: