Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"No, I won't. No, I'm not. No, I can't."

Is it possible to love and despise your child at the same time? Perhaps I should say his behavior. I have a child that was looking so forward to starting school, but now that he has, he WILL NOT cooperate. He will not try, he will not hold a pencil, he will not sit, he will not stand, he will not participate, he will not do anything other than what he has HIS mind on at the minute. I have even tried letting him just do any of the papers/projects that he wants at any given time, but he will not do it. I tried getting his sister to get him to do it. I don't think that I was that hardheaded and stuborn when I was little (maybe now I am, but not when I was 4). By the way, this is new behavior. He was once my agreeable child. Oh well! We press on and hope that he learns something.

No comments: