Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I love this floor"

You know how it is when you are sick, like so sick you wish you could just go to the hospital and let them do with you what they will....even when you know that might entail them putting things in places that may be uncomfortable. Well, I was that sick this holiday weekend. I had a long time to think about blogging, ideas drifted in and out of my brain. I was just too sick to even type. My fingers would not cooperate, even now they act like they belong to someone else. Like the instructions from my brain are going through a secondary system before they get to my fingers. It has been two days since I was really sick, but I still feel like a newborn calf trying to get up.

Of course, being a mom you are not allowed to stay sick. Once there is no outward sign of illness (like laying on the floor of the bathroom and thinking, "I love this floor. I am so glad we picked this floor. It feels so cool and smooth.") then you are not sick anymore. Life goes on, work happens, kids need you to fix a bath, make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then you forget all those great ideas you have for a post on your blog and you end up with a post about being sick, and it did not even involve overindulging............. How sad is that?

1 comment:

Heather said...

i just pray i don't get it... i hate my floor and can hardly handle walking on it barefoot!

i'm glad you're better though!